Default button (icon)

Bug reports and enhancement requests
wonderw

Default button (icon)

Post by wonderw »

Hi,

(sorry for maybe pushing a little bit to much, I already made this statement on the blog, but it looks like it could be lost, at least I still couldn't find a statement regarding the highly confusing DEFAULT button icon...)

After Your helpful explanations I got used to the behaviour of the new UI and finally everything seems to work like expected in my scenario, except of the default-button-icon. It still confuses me and forces me to check way to often how "default" is really defined now, cause the icon always stays the same "all forbidden"-style no matter how much is allowed.

The icon of the "Default"-button really should (al least somehow) change to the settings it represents. So with the settings (nearly?) everything forbidden (like in the old 5..) it fits perfectly ("the strike-snail") but with allowing more settings (especially "script") it really should change somehow, so e.g. to the blue S with the cross sign in the bottom right corner or even the blue S with the red "!".
(Just one different icon would be already enough for me to be alerted.)

Sorry, but as the icon stays the same "all forbidden"-style even with scripts allowed it's just still very confusing for me.
Is there a way of matching icons on the default button?
You would do me a great favour with implementing such an helpful at-first-sight/at-a-glance-overview.

Thank You for putting all this effort in this and providing so many people with such an helpful and trustworthy tool!

All the best wishes,
wonderw
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Re: Default button (icon)

Post by barbaz »

Moving to NoScript Development
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-