Suggestion: Additional entry of sites into NoScript.

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Nutster

Suggestion: Additional entry of sites into NoScript.

Post by Nutster »

I am thinking about a facility to add items to the NoScript site list, either manually or by importing a human-modifiable file.
  • Add an option to allow us to add a site to the white-list or black-list manually. I have 5 entries that end with global.ssl.fastly.com; I would like to combine them to one rule.
  • Also, I would like to be able to block a bunch of sites without having to visit a bunch of bad sites in order to black-list them. Could an import/export feature be added that would generate/read a CSV file or something similar with the current list of sites that a human could then edit to clean up the list or add trusted or nasty sites. This feature could also make it easier to fix the effects of a bug which strips all the permissions on trusted sites.
  • After adding an import/export feature, I would also want the ability to Forget the List. After exporting, and editing the site list, but prior to importing, I would want to erase all existing sites in NoScript, then import into a clean database.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
FranL

Re: Suggestion: Additional entry of sites into NoScript.

Post by FranL »

If I understand you correctly, you can do the first two things on the settings page. To add a site manually, enter the URL into the textbox and click the "+" button. To remove an item from the list, change its scope to Default. It will disappear when the list is next loaded.
Last edited by FranL on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Re: Suggestion: Additional entry of sites into NoScript.

Post by barbaz »

Import/export is already planned -
https://hackademix.net/2017/11/21/noscript-1011-quantum-powerball-finish-and-rebooting/#comment-38212 wrote:I'll probably add an import/export facility compatible with the "old" format in a while.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-