NOSCRIPT 10.1.3 RC

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Wozzeck

NOSCRIPT 10.1.3 RC

Post by Wozzeck »

NoScripts 10 is broken in Firefox 57 since 10.1.3 RC
I can't say exactly if it occurs since RC1 or RC2, let's say... it is broken since Nov 28th.
I have several computers, the symptoms are the same, on updating dialog box are empty, even getting through Firefox Module options doesn't even display the version of noscript, and allowing globally doesn't seem to have a effect.

But it seems that NoScript keep on working on background with the current set of rules of the users, but it is impossible to monitor webpage, to add or modify rules or switch temporarily to allow all or deny all.

Could be eventually a conflict with another extension but I have tried the following thing :

Disabling all extension except noscript, but no success.
It seems that NoScript 10 can work on brand new Firefox profile with no extension previously installed.
I am unable to define at this moment which extension installation breaks NoScript, but as soon it it broken it is definitively broken, as said before even disabling the extension doesn't reactivate NoScripts.

But anyway, coming back to 10.1.2 Release, and noscritpt 10 is back again everywhere.
I am forced to install 10.1.2 again and deactivate temporarily the automatic update.
Fortunately this website kept the old release version as the store now automatically update to 10.1.3rc2
It could be possibly a good idea to roll back the official store version to 10.1.2 Release.

Configs :
Firefox 57 64 Bit
Hardware : various old hardwares based on onboard intel graphics chipset as G45, and some with PCI Nvidia Graphics Card Geforce GT630, GT730, NVS300, NVS290

Displaying of the dialog boxes are particularly slow on Intel Chipset. I have tried to force disable Hardware acceleration, but it changes nothing.
The slowness of NoScripts render it very painless to use...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Re: NOSCRIPT 10.1.3 RC

Post by barbaz »

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-