Some Suggestions

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Mistame

Some Suggestions

Post by Mistame »

If it's OK, I'd like to make a few suggestions regarding the new UI:
  1. Rather than the having the "Temporary" clock icon nested within the "Trusted" option, have a separate icon/button for Temporarily Trusted. As is, it takes two clicks to mark it Temporarily Trusted.
  2. The latest update has a few issues. The first being the realignment of the domain and HTTP/S lock icon. With those aligned to the right, away from the permissions icons, it makes it harder to see what you're doing, especially in the options panel. Instead, I suggest having the domain BEFORE the lock icon thus separating it (the lock icon) from the permissions icons.
  3. Also with the latest update, the font size in the drop-down menu for the domain is a touch too large. (I'd tweak it with userChrome but I can't get the picker on the menu :/)
  4. Rather than having the "Temporarily Allow", "Revoke Temporary Permissions", etc, on the header of the drop-down, put them on a footer so they're more easily accessible. The header should just have the title on the left, the close and settings on the right.
  5. Add an option to toggle what count is displayed over the icon: None, Unset (Default) or All (Default/Untrusted).
  6. In the drop-down, separate/sort the list by their permissions and make those that have been set already collapsible. Some sites use a LOT of a scripts and the list can get quite long.
  7. Similar to the above, add a way to filter rows that are already set on the options page. Whether they're listed in a tab control, or as just a filtered list based on check boxes (Eg, show only those that are checked, Default, Trusted, Untrusted, Custom, etc).
  8. As a supplement to the above, add a header row that allows you to sort the list. [Permissions] [Domain] [Content Lock Icon]
Also, not sure if this is intentional but the latest version doesn't automatically reload the page after changing a setting.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Re: Some Suggestions

Post by barbaz »

I like most of these suggestions, some interesting and good ideas you have.

Regarding #4, having those options right next to the icon, as they are now, has been requested by a lot of users (one example: https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 10&t=22825)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Mistame

Post by Mistame »

Perhaps I'm confused on this. It was my understanding that "Temporarily Allow All This Page" allowed all scripts, even remote ones. What I'm referring to is only those at the current domain.
Mistame

Post by Mistame »

I was going to mention updated icons but hadn't had the time to make up an example. This poster here has a really nice idea!

https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 10&t=23751
octagon

Post by octagon »

Suggestions about the new UI:

The old UI, it was fine, amazing, wonderful, great job guys, I had no problems with it.

If you insist on cramming down a change in peoples throats, please leaving an option to revert to old and reliable.

Change alone, for its own sake, is not enough reason to change anything.

Cheers!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Mistame

Post by Mistame »

octagon wrote:Suggestions about the new UI:

The old UI, it was fine, amazing, wonderful, great job guys, I had no problems with it.

If you insist on cramming down a change in peoples throats, please leaving an option to revert to old and reliable.

Change alone, for its own sake, is not enough reason to change anything.

Cheers!
The changes were made because the previous UI isn't possible with the new API.
Azijn

Post by Azijn »

Rather than the having the "Temporary" clock icon nested within the "Trusted" option, have a separate icon/button for Temporarily Trusted. As is, it takes two clicks to mark it Temporarily Trusted.
The easy solution would be "first click makes it temporarily allowed, you have to click to disable the clock to make the trust permanent".

It makes sense from a UI point of view: the easiest action is the one that will need to be repeated, in order to have it permanent, you have to do one more action.
Add an option to toggle what count is displayed over the icon: None, Unset (Default) or All (Default/Untrusted).
Second this. I find these sort of badges really annoying in general. My preference would be that if I've set something to untrusted, it does not add to the count, that way it's easier to see if a site that in the past I've decided on the trust/notrust has new scripts that require action.

For example, a news site might have its regular scripts for displaying content and uses some tracker. I would decide to trust the first and block the second.
Now I'm reading an article which uses Javascript to display graphs or a map. I might not even notice that it's missing, since the badge is always showing "x blocked" anyway.
Similar to the above, add a way to filter rows that are already set on the options page. Whether they're listed in a tab control, or as just a filtered list based on check boxes (Eg, show only those that are checked, Default, Trusted, Untrusted, Custom, etc).
Seconded. In the filter list, it would be awesome to have them grouped. (Note: they're already grouped in the debug view!)
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0