Faster Temporary Allow and possible ease of use increase

Bug reports and enhancement requests
maxlevelcoolwinning

Faster Temporary Allow and possible ease of use increase

Post by maxlevelcoolwinning »

Make rule buttons react to mouse hover. User set permission creation requires click.

Today I did a temp allow in Noscript 10, many thanks by the way, and it took me clicking three times. Before times, I just clicked on the button, then clicked on Temporary Allow. Now you click the Noscript button, then the ruleset button, then click the little clock button.

This is slower but importantly the way you have it nested like that makes it stick out and is what made me stop and notice it and might encourage it feeling bad for other users besides me.

I think making the various Ruleset buttons react to a mouse hover would solve the extra click problem and also make the UI more intuitive.

Currently you also nest permission customization under a click of a Truseted Rulset that's already chosen so I foresee you would need some UI mechanism to differentiate the hover button from a click to set and finally the click to customize a user set.

Also you might explain the HTTPS thing somewhere. I didn't understand it what was actually happening at all until I read your blog. I just thought it was indicating this was a HTTPS enabled site and nothing more.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
francan

Re: Faster Temporary Allow and possible ease of use increas

Post by francan »

Yes! I came here to report the same issue.

I thank you the development of a tool that you built for free but the new UI is really fustrating. I do a lot of temporary allows during the day and having to click 3 times (one in a very tiny icon) really annoys me. Can be temporary allow the default option or other solution given? If not, there is a way to use the old plugin with it interface even if I do not get updates?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Re: Faster Temporary Allow and possible ease of use increas

Post by barbaz »

francan wrote: there is a way to use the old plugin with it interface even if I do not get updates?
Use Firefox 52 ESR with classic NoScript.

You can't "just" switch to 52 ESR though. You'll need to create a new profile, then transfer the important data to it per this link - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

More info - https://www.ghacks.net/2017/08/02/you-c ... -profiles/
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-