Which Scripts are Active?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
SoItBegins

Which Scripts are Active?

Post by SoItBegins »

I have a large problem with the new interface: When I click on the button, it shows me the options page for all of NoScript... and I have no way to determine what scripts belong to the page I'm trying to edit script permissions on. I can only see all scripts overall.

If NoScript was an embedded WebExtension in its previous incarnation, why has its interface changed so drastically?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
barbaz

Re: Which Scripts are Active?

Post by barbaz »

What page are you on when you click the button and see this behavior?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
mag

Post by mag »

I don't know if I get what does the OP want to say, but the UI will definitely need some polishing.

Besides what was proposed here: https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 10&t=23640

It's a little confusing when trying to figure out what exactly is blocked on the current page and thus determining what should I allow in order to get it to (reasonably) work.
If I open a certain page with many elements to be blocked and NS reports (as a hint when hovering over the NS toolbar icon) that it blocked certain amount of scripts or other elements - how do I find out which ones (and types) exactly from which sources (hosts, domains) are these? The NS detail (displayed after clicking on the NS toolbar icon) doesn't seem to tell that.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
SoItBegins

Post by SoItBegins »

barbaz wrote:What page are you on when you click the button and see this behavior?
I'm on any page where NoScript blocks something; that is, clicking the button never creates a pop-up menu (as it's supposed to - I just saw the clarifying blog post with a screenshot of expected behavior), and instead ONLY ever takes me to the global-options preference page.

Note that I'm on Firefox 58 (Developer Edition).
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
Fips

Post by Fips »

I had the same problem. I clicked on the icon and only the pref page openend and no pop up menu.

My problem was that I had modified my about:config page, because of the YouTube DASH playback.
Setting media.mediasource.enabled back to true solved my issue.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
SoItBegins

Post by SoItBegins »

Yeah, I regret that I have to keep that pref set to false so that I can download videos from YouTube without having to resort to a downloader extension.