NoScript related internal redirects?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
PLD

NoScript related internal redirects?

Post by PLD »

I had a webRequest event logger running during NoScript 5.0.8.1rc1 testing in a fresh FF 54.0.1 portable on Win7. I saw webRequest events which indicated that some requests, which would not normally redirect, were being redirected to the same URL as was originally requested. Although the webRequest events reflected this, the consoles did not. I uninstalled NoScript and no longer saw such events. I tried NoScript 2.9.5.3 and saw them again. So I think it is NoScript related and involves multiple versions.

Probably any webRequest event logger would show this, but I don't know of a signed one that displays what I want. Thinking it would be easiest for you guys to modify NoScript, I went with that. I added http://dpaste.com/2F10V9P.txt at the end of NoScript's WebExtension background.js and captured http://dpaste.com/20F2VCQ.txt.

The background self-repair.mozilla.org request can never succeed. Most of the attempts involve a redirect, but not all of them. The content tab load does succeed. The redirect only happens on the first attempt. I originally noticed the redirect events while doing <a ping> testing and the "first attempt redirected, subsequent attempts didn't" applied to that ping type as well.

Does any of this sound familiar?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Re: NoScript related internal redirects?

Post by barbaz »

NoScript does do internal redirects. It's not a bug, it's by design. I forget why it does that.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
PLD

Re: NoScript related internal redirects?

Post by PLD »

OK, thanks. I went on to browse some source and figure out how to enable the debug logging and dumps. So I have a slightly better sense of it, but not by much.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0