NS's placement in FF - plz put it near back button

Bug reports and enhancement requests
NeBr8D

NS's placement in FF - plz put it near back button

Post by NeBr8D »

Hi,

I have noticed in new versions of NS that the placement of NS in FF has moved. i.e. it used to be over near the back button, where you type in urls, and now its way over in the top right corner near the close window.

I have computer over use issues so I find that change super nnoying. i.e. everyone has to move their mouse curser to type in every url, and then have to move the cursor to the complete opposite side of the screen to allow and load every web page. I find that a unnessassary make work project when it used to take moving the mouse less than an inch.

Was there a particular reason why it was moved? Can it be moved back?

Thx for reading!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: NS's placement in FF - plz put it near back button

Post by therube »

it used to be over near the back button
I've never known that to be the case.
In any case, you can enter Customize (right-click the empty space above the URL bar, Customize), then drag the NoScript icon to the left hand side, to the left of the back button, drop it, then close Customize.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Lightning/5.4
NeBr8D

Re: NS's placement in FF - plz put it near back button

Post by NeBr8D »

Sweet.

I honestely have no idea why that happens. I just assumed a newer version moved it for some reason, or it could be FF thats causing it.

All I know is that I have numerous computers that I use and 1 of them its by the back button and the other 2 its way over by the close window button. It definitely makes more sense to be near the url bar.

So happy it can move it. The 2 computer that were doing it, the 1 monitors is 24" the other 28" so it was driving me nuts.

Thank you so much!!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0