Google apis

Bug reports and enhancement requests
dgoiko

Google apis

Post by dgoiko »

Hello.

I've been using noscript almost since universe started to run, xD, and there's one function I miss and that annoys me a lot: Whenever a website, B, uses Google Apis as main source of JS, I have to manually enable JS temporary on EVERY website, do what I have to do in website A, and turn Google Apis off again. Thats insanelly inneficient, specially if you have to use the website often.

My proposal is to add some setting that allows me to permanently add a script source to the white list IF the main website from which it is called is also in the white list, or sometyhing even more granullar: Allow GoogleApis only from dacia.es, even if dacia.es wasnt whitelisted in the firstplace
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0
barbaz

Re: Google apis

Post by barbaz »

https://noscript.net/faq#qa8_10
or wait for noscript 10
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: Google apis

Post by Thrawn »

Do you trust Google APIs (ie you're confident that it won't attack your computer and/or you can sue Google if it does), or not?

If you do, then permanently whitelist them. If you don't, then you shouldn't really be even temporarily whitelisting them.

What is your motivation to whitelist them only temporarily? If it's privacy/tracking, then NoScript is not an ad blocker. There are lots of adblockers that will do the job well.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0