Unable to allow certain sites, potentially HTTP only issue

Bug reports and enhancement requests
DucklingCharmer

Unable to allow certain sites, potentially HTTP only issue

Post by DucklingCharmer »

I noticed this issue a while back but there was then a NoScript update (don't remember which) and then it went away, and although I thought it was fixed in that update, seemingly it was not. I know this for I have just reinstalled my OS and the issue is back again. I have tested with the latest development build at the time of this writing and the issue is still present there.

The issue is that on some sites, seemingly on with HTTP URLs, it doesn't actually properly allow me to ever unblock certain sites. So if I went to say the Oracle or the BBC.co.uk site I would get this and be unable to unblock them:

Click the "Temporarily allow all this page" and "Allow all this page" buttons don't make any difference other than changing the look of the buttons:

If I then click on the buttons in their new look, they will just change back to the old one, but other than the look, no other change is seemingly made as I cannot still load the page properly. The only thing that seems to work is the "Allow Scripts Globally (dangerous)" which does do, unlike any of the other buttons, what it is meant to. However, as you can imagine, this is not ideal.

I have noticed something however which I didn't before, and I think is rather interesting. It doesn't seem to mind loading scripts which come from an HTTPS site, but it does have the same weird issue with the HTTP ones on the same page:

I am running Firefox 52.0.2 on Arch Linux. And the stable version I tried this on was NoScript 5.0.2, however I did also try it on a version which had r3 on the end just now.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Re: Unable to allow certain sites, potentially HTTP only iss

Post by barbaz »

NoScript Options > Advanced > HTTPS > Permissions, set "Forbid active web content unless it comes from a secure (HTTPS) connection" to "Never"
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
DucklingCharmer

Post by DucklingCharmer »

Oh, that is most strange, it seems as though that option was enabled there by default. Though now turning it off seems to have worked.

I think though that if such an option is on though that in some way it should be clearer about this in the NoScript menu where the buttons just act all weird.

Anyway, thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! Image
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-