Just going to ramble a bit (as I was do)...
SeaMonkey 2.46 x86 (so no e10s or anything like that)
WinXP or Win7
Browser load time, browser memory usage, when loading on startup from Session Restore
There seemed to be no difference in start up time or memory usage between 5.0 & 2.9.5.
(That was with a kind of "scientific" measurement. I used a stop-watch
Code: Select all
UpTime pByte wSet Shutdwn
2:min 1415 1860 35.sec
2:min 1414 1860 36.sec
so... startup time, time to "ready", & shutdown time, are unaffected by 2.9 vs 5.0
(And if that was "scientific), now, the unscientific...
I specifically put 2.9.5 in the particular Profile & was running like that.
I did not turn off automatic updates, so as it was, yesterday NoScript updated to 5.0.
(of start up), I was like, whoa, something isn't jiving.
Quit, put 2.9.5 back in, restarted & loaded up (from Session Store) & proceeded on my way.
(And with that while things are never "great", given the memory I may eat up, it was definitely better.)
I'll mess some more, but seat of the pants says there is big enough difference here that 5.0 isn't cutting it.
My "regular" Profile, so with other extensions:
NoScript, FlashGot, Add-ons Manager Version Number, Copy URL+, Fetch Text URL, Nuke Anything Enhanced, uBlock Origin, (on xp at least, Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel, & Zoomr, slight differences on Win7, I'll note later).
No reason for me to "test" otherwise, because these are things I use.
My tab, window (& so RAM) usage, is often quite a bit higher then I'd think many others would use or run into.
(I'm, in my unscientific way of testing, thinking that SeaMonkey 2.46 performs worse
then 2.40 or earlier.)