New Features Request?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
uilag

New Features Request?

Post by uilag »

I looked, but could not find anywhere to request new features. If there's an official place please let me know and I will post there.

- Menu persist: When visiting a new website that I expect to visit often I go through the list of scripts that I want to permanently mark as untrusted and untrust them one-by-one. Each time I click untrust on a script though the untrust menu closes and I have to go back to it and pull it up. For a site like CNN that has a whole bunch It's a pain. It would be nice to have this menu persist until I'm done tagging all the ones I want to untrust.

- Whitelist sync: I use noscript on my work computer, laptop, home desktop and have various profiles on those machines that I also use NoScript with. Each time I setup a new machine or a new profile I have to reset my entire whitelist as I browse or I have to remember to export and import from one machine to another and because I use the machines and profiles for different purposes my whitelists are different each time. It would be nice to have a master whitelist that I can synchronize to the same way I synchronize firefox.

- Temporary Permissions time limit: It would be nice to have some options for "Temporarily Allow All This Page". Options would be something like: "Block for 5 min", "Block for an hour", etc. Or "Block until I leave this site" or "Block until I restart browser" (I believe this is the default)

NoScript is the first add-on I install on any computer I use and among other is one of the primary reasons that keep me using FireFox. Keep up the good work and thank you for bearing with my suggestions.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0.1 Waterfox/46.0.1
barbaz

Re: New Features Request?

Post by barbaz »

Official place is NoScript Development forum, I'll move this thread there so that you don't need to re-post anything.
uilag wrote:- Menu persist: When visiting a new website that I expect to visit often I go through the list of scripts that I want to permanently mark as untrusted and untrust them one-by-one. Each time I click untrust on a script though the untrust menu closes and I have to go back to it and pull it up. For a site like CNN that has a whole bunch It's a pain. It would be nice to have this menu persist until I'm done tagging all the ones I want to untrust.
+1
uilag wrote:- Whitelist sync: I use noscript on my work computer, laptop, home desktop and have various profiles on those machines that I also use NoScript with. Each time I setup a new machine or a new profile I have to reset my entire whitelist as I browse or I have to remember to export and import from one machine to another and because I use the machines and profiles for different purposes my whitelists are different each time. It would be nice to have a master whitelist that I can synchronize to the same way I synchronize firefox.
Sync is an ongoing deal it's discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6056
uilag wrote:- Temporary Permissions time limit: It would be nice to have some options for "Temporarily Allow All This Page". Options would be something like: "Block for 5 min", "Block for an hour", etc. Or "Block until I leave this site" or "Block until I restart browser" (I believe this is the default)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21615
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
jawz101

Re: New Features Request?

Post by jawz101 »

fwiw, on the menu persist - take a look @ this thread (I'd just started)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22728&p=87695#p87695

temporary workaround unless we can still have addon bars.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0