Feature Request- noscript.allowedMimeRegExp context menu

Bug reports and enhancement requests
harko

Feature Request- noscript.allowedMimeRegExp context menu

Post by harko »

I like to run noscript with embeddings disallowed on whitelisted sites for extra security.

However, I am finding it rather annoying the process of adding whitelisted sites by having to go to about:config.

Would it not be possible to have a feature that sets rules for noscript.allowedMimeRegExp in the context menu?

What would be ideal is the addition of options under the 'blocked objects' context menu to have the option to PERMANENTLY allow from the domain.

This way, I can mark things like youtube, soundcloud, etc.. without having to know regex and go into the about:config
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
harko

Re: Feature Request- noscript.allowedMimeRegExp context menu

Post by harko »

Just as an asides, I would be more than happy to donate 50$ to see this feature be implemented.
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

harko wrote:I would be more than happy to donate 50$ to see this feature be implemented.
Try sending Giorgio a private message. He has added sponsored features before (for the Tor Foundation, if you're wondering, which wanted extra privacy options).
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
harko

Post by harko »

Thrawn wrote:
harko wrote:I would be more than happy to donate 50$ to see this feature be implemented.
Try sending Giorgio a private message. He has added sponsored features before (for the Tor Foundation, if you're wondering, which wanted extra privacy options).
Done, would love to see this implemented
Lurion

Post by Lurion »

I'm going to bump this thread because I'd also like to see something like a GUI to edit this property.
I find it extremely annoying having to go to about:config to edit the allowedMimeRegExp string to allow HTML5 videos on various websites.

I.e. for Youtube:

Code: Select all

noscript.allowedMimeRegExp;video/ogg@https?://.*\.googlevideo.com
Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and Im all out of gum.
kukla

Post by kukla »

We really need some way from the UI to permanently allow a blocked object. Needing to do this each time from Blocked Objects, (or in noscript.allowedMimeRegExp,which I'm not very comfortable with, since I don't know reg ex) for regularly visited, whitelisted sites, when "Apply these restrictions to whitelisted sites" must be checked in order to have a plugin placeholder (especially for possibly dangerous Flash Player content) is a definite PITA, and makes using NS very, very tedious.

Please Giorgio, as soon as you can possibly get around to doing this.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Lurion

Post by Lurion »

Yo, any updates on this?

It's truly tiresome to have to manually edit that string all the time. For example Youtube now needs multiple codecs to work properly i.e. "opus", "vp9", "mp4a.40.2", "avc1.4d401f", etc.
There should be an option in the NoScript context menu to permanently allow these objects per given website, and maybe another list in the main NoScript window that displays all temporary and permanent object permissions similar to the script whitelist page.

Giorgio?
Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and Im all out of gum.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

I think feature requests are currently mostly on hold due to NoScript being rewritten for WebExtensions.

@Lurion
off-topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22518
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-