Limiting Temporary Allow all this page to the actioned page

Bug reports and enhancement requests
erosman

Limiting Temporary Allow all this page to the actioned page

Post by erosman »

Hi

I have been a regular user of NoScript for many years. Thank you for your hard work :)

Is there a chance of limiting "Temporary Allow all this page" to the actioned page (domain) only? (similar to ADB's per domain setting)

At the moment, when the command is actioned, NoScript temporary enables common scripts on ALL pages/tabs.

For example, if that page has Google Analytics, "Temporary Allow all this page" enables (and reloads) all other pages/tabs from all other domains that include Google Analytics. This results in not only inserting the unwanted script into other tabs, but having to reload pages on inserting and on revoking.

Thanks
:)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Limiting Temporary Allow all this page to the actioned p

Post by Giorgio Maone »

erosman wrote: For example, if that page has Google Analytics, "Temporary Allow all this page" enables (and reloads) all other pages/tabs from all other domains that include Google Analytics. This results in not only inserting the unwanted script into other tabs, but having to reload pages on inserting and on revoking.
For the current domain only, not (yet?).
But the "reload all tabs" issue can be easily worked around.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
erosman

Post by erosman »

Thanks Giorgio

I knew the feature was not present and I am hoping that it would be implemented ie

"Temporary Allow all this page": In case of 3rd party JS (not belonging to the same domain as the page), it should only allow them for that page/domain.

It would be good to have that.

Happy New Year
:)
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

erosman wrote:"Temporary Allow all this page": In case of 3rd party JS (not belonging to the same domain as the page), it should only allow them for that page/domain.
An easy way to do this just might be part of NoScript 3
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD amd64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.143 Safari/537.36
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Also, NoScript Options|Advanced|Trusted|Cascade top document's permissions to 3rd party scripts may be similar to what you're looking for, just it automatically applies to any top-level site you allow.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
erosman

Post by erosman »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Also, NoScript Options|Advanced|Trusted|Cascade top document's permissions to 3rd party scripts may be similar to what you're looking for, just it automatically applies to any top-level site you allow.
I dont think that is what I had in mind.
I want it to apply to Temporary Allow ONLY
I believe above setting applies generally

I prefer to keep the trusted list small (for regularly visited sites) and use Temporary Allow most of the time.
All I wanted was that Temporary allowing 3rd party scripts in one page shouldn't allow it on other pages. :)
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

For particular situations, you can approximate that.

Enable Cascade (you've already set 'Reload the current tab only') & then only work in a single window.

When you're done with that "situation", disable Cascade.

At that point, the only things left allowed would be any domains you had (Temporarily) Allowed.

(And again, I feel that Cascade is probably a better, safer alternative to Allow Globally. Not that I'd want Allow Globally to go away, but if Cascade had a context-menu option it would be more discoverable, easier to enable/disable, compared to Options, where it sits now.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0 SeaMonkey/2.32