Flash placeholder missing when iframes forbidden

Bug reports and enhancement requests
al_9x
Master Bug Buster

Re: Flash placeholder missing when iframes forbidden

Post by al_9x »

therube wrote:then you also need to allow gmodules before the frame actually loads.
& then you can click on a follower.
the iframe loads because you a refreshing the page after allowing gmodules. That is not the scenario I am describing. If you click on the placeholder when everything is already allowed, the iframe does not load. Only when you refresh the page, which, ideally, should not be necessary, will it load.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

OK, I see now. (Sometimes you really need to spell things out before I get it ;-).)

Instead of messing with individual domains ...

Make sure the following are blocked; Flash, FRAMES.
Enable, Apply to trusted sites too.

Then Allow Global.
The page refreshes, the placeholders are there - for both the Flash movies & also the Follow.
Click the Follow placeholder.
It disappears. Nothing further happens.

Refresh the page, the the Followers appears.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1pre) Gecko/20090716 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre
Grumpy Old Lady

Post by Grumpy Old Lady »

Whew!
Thank heavens I only read blogger/blogspot main articles and don't need all the bells and whistles.
Apologies for my dismissive comments upthread; I enjoy the output of the blogging community, especially from photographers and authors, and if it can be delivered more safely I should persist in helping with bugs in future.

And therube, if ever the developer paid any attention to my comments as how to do his job... rofl.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1