Simpler GUI for allowing domains?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Lucas Malor

Simpler GUI for allowing domains?

Post by Lucas Malor »

In my settings I've enabled the menu to show both 2nd level domains and full domains, since sometimes I need to allow the subdomains too. This way I find the current interface a bit confusing.

What about the possibility to select the domain "depth" without using multiple menu entries, but selecting them with the mouse? For example, if you are on http://forums.informaction.com, clicking on the "informaction" you'll allow informaction.com, clicking on "forums" you'll allow forums.informaction.com. Here's a screenshot of a GIMP made example:

This screenshot should suggest you I have no idea how to implement it and if this is complex to do with XUL...
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: Simpler GUI for allowing domains?

Post by Thrawn »

I suspect that this is not easy to do. However, you can achieve what you want by simply opening the Whitelist tab in the NoScript options and typing domains there.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
dhouwn
Bug Buster

Re: Simpler GUI for allowing domains?

Post by dhouwn »

Sounds good to me, now it would make the interface less "native" (in the sense of similar to the standard UI of the operating system), but then the interface of Firefox isn't entirely native to begin with (and for matter neither is the one of other major browsers).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0