Feature-Request: Forbid / Check / Allow

Bug reports and enhancement requests
HatGuy

Feature-Request: Forbid / Check / Allow

Post by HatGuy »

I usually ignore script sources except for the page I chose, but I'd like to be able to check them, to avoid dealing with them over and over.

Could there be a third option for each script source? I'm thinking of a button that opens a tab with my default search engine loaded with a search string for that script source.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042523 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.10
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Feature-Request: Forbid / Check / Allow

Post by Giorgio Maone »

In order not to further clutter the menu (think of an extra item x each forbidden script source on a page with 7 or more of them), I've planned a single "Show sites info..." menu item opening a page which summarizes info from different sources (WHOIS, search engines, WOT) about the sites present in the menu.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Foam Head

Re: Feature-Request: Forbid / Check / Allow

Post by Foam Head »

Giorgio Maone wrote:In order not to further clutter the menu (think of an extra item x each forbidden script source on a page with 7 or more of them), I've planned a single "Show sites info..." menu item opening a page which summarizes info from different sources (WHOIS, search engines, WOT) about the sites present in the menu.
I've always wanted to see a table of which sites have how many scripts and objects referenced on any give page. I'd like to take it one step further and for each script/object, see a little bit of info about the name of it too. For example:

Code: Select all

Site             | Type      | Name            | Status
-----------------+-----------+-----------------+--------
foo.com           JavaScript  shopping-cart.js  Allowed
                  JavaScript  <inline>          Allowed
                  Object      preview-item.flv  Temporarily Allowed
user-tracker.com  JavaScript  track-clicks.js   Blocked
annoying-ads.com  Object      pretty-ads.flv    Blocked
It'd be nice to also see whether the given site is in the Whitelist or Blacklist, but please don't use the word "untrusted" unless
the terminology of untrusted is straightened out. If you want to get fancy, you could add a right-click menu that let's the user add/remove a site from the Whitelist, add/remove a site from the Blacklist, enable/disable temporary permissions (e.g. enable a specific object), etc.

-Foam
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)