1. start Fx
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rzYua2TiD4
3. activate
4. the icon and and blocked objects menu updates
5. revoke temp perms
6. refresh
7. activate
8. icon and menu still show the blocked player
Last edited by al_9x on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: blocked object state not updated on placeholder activati

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Hrm, it doesn't update even the first time for me.
Worth investigating, thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
al_9x
Master Bug Buster

Post by al_9x »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Hrm, it doesn't update even the first time for me.
Frequently for me as well in the main profile, but to repro consistently in a new profile had to revoke and refresh.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I have reported this before and I was told it was interference from other addons such as Ghostery, so I would be interested in the outcome of this investigation. I have seen it quite a bit as well but it was always on my main profile and hard to reproduce on the lone profile, so I let it go.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.2.0 Safari/537.22
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:I have reported this before and I was told it was interference from other addons such as Ghostery.
In facts, what I've found upon further investigation is that I had been able to reproduce on my regular profile because I had Adblock Plus installed.
On a clean profile without ABP I can't reproduce.
I've also found, more or less, the culprit: when ABP is installed (even if it's not enabled) the Flash object get created twice (the first instance gets discarded from the DOM), so we end with two placeholders and once you enable one, NoScript still shows the blocked objects machinery because you might need to enable the other (even though it's disconnected from the DOM).
As a work-around, in next dev build I'm gonna check whether the placeholders are actually alive in the DOM, unless the URL/origin combo has not been allowed yet (in this case you may want to see the blocked objects UI even if the placeholder is not there, e.g. for aborted load created by Flash capability sniffing scripts).

@al_9x are you double sure you were on a clean profile?

[EDIT]
latest development build 2.6.5.9rc2
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
al_9x
Master Bug Buster

Post by al_9x »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
GµårÐïåñ wrote:I have reported this before and I was told it was interference from other addons such as Ghostery.
In facts, what I've found upon further investigation is that I had been able to reproduce on my regular profile because I had Adblock Plus installed.
I've also found, more or less, the culprit: when ABP is installed (even if it's not enabled) the Flash object get created twice (the first instance gets discarded from the DOM), so we end with two placeholders and once you enable one, NoScript still shows the blocked objects machinery because you might need to enable the other (even though it's disconnected from the DOM).
As a work-around, in next dev build I'm gonna check whether the placeholders are actually alive in the DOM, unless the URL/origin combo has not been allowed yet (in this case you may want to see the blocked objects UI even if the placeholder is not there, e.g. for aborted load created by Flash capability sniffing scripts).

[EDIT]
Yes, the directions in the first post are for a new profile, and consistently repro the problem in 2.6.5.9rc1, rc2 is good.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio Maone wrote:In facts, what I've found upon further investigation is that I had been able to reproduce on my regular profile because I had Adblock Plus installed.

[EDIT]
Gotcha, thanks for the response, good to know what's causing it.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.2.0.0 Safari/537.22