Fight back?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
the WTP

Fight back?

Post by the WTP »

It would be a LOT of work, way beyond anything I could dream of helping with ... but is it possible to generate a specific bit of data that *every* NoScript user would get when they tried to track someone? Yes, allow DoubleClick but feed it the same data that 10,000 others are using right now! Forge a unified Nic/MAC for *their* receipt, a uniform web bug or supercookie to those using such techniques?

I mean some way that would allow me to Use Google Maps without Big Bro watching over my shoulder, allowing everything but finding that a good chunk of users are all saying they're someone named bEEF(hex).

I feel very caught between wanting to use those "free" resources out there without paying the price of personal information EVERY single time. Maybe there really are very few Winston Smiths out there who want to protect their privacy - I look at the number of people who seem to "social network" telling strangers things they would not want their closest friends to know about them, Twittering away every chance they get.

But there must be a few folks who would like to use all of, for instance, Google's info services (I don't mean folks mad enough to post their calenders there) and might even pay an annual user fee rather than be followed in all their work and hobbies, etc. probably enough tocause the file-keepers to either throw up their hands in surrender or start an arms race "we" could probably win.