[BUG] local temporary per-site permissions are permanent, if ANY SITE permission is permanent - NoScript 11.4.5

Bug reports and enhancement requests
musonius
Master Bug Buster

[BUG] local temporary per-site permissions are permanent, if ANY SITE permission is permanent - NoScript 11.4.5

Post by musonius »

Local Temporary per-site permissions are permanent, if the permission for ANY SITE is permanent.
  • Add a local temporary per-site permission for a site (big clock). The permission for ANY SITE has to be permanent.
  • Revoke temporary permissions or close all browser windows (expected behavior: temporary permission is deleted)
Now, the local temporary per-site permission for the site is still there and marked as temporary (big clock).

I am using Firefox 99.0.1, if that matters.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:99.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: [BUG] local temporary per-site permissions are permanent, if ANY SITE permission is permanent - NoScript 11.4.5

Post by therube »

11.4.5rc2 (if that matters), FF 99.0.1 EMEfree (if that matters)

I disallow (set it to Default, not allowed) noscript.net
Quit & restart
I set noscript.net to Temp Trusted (alternatively, Set all on this page to Temporarily Trusted)
Quit & restart

On restart, noscript is set to Default, not allowed.

Did I do that correctly?

I go to http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all
Set dslr.net to Allowed
Set dslreports.com to Temp Trusted (alternatively, Set all on this page to Temporarily Trusted)
Quit & restart

On restart, dslreports.com is set to Default, not allowed (& dslr.net has retained its Allowed status).

?

I open file:///c://out//xxx
Set file: to Temp Trusted (alternatively, Set all on this page to Temporarily Trusted)
Quit & restart

On restart, file: is set to Default, not allowed.

?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.13
barbaz

Re: [BUG] local temporary per-site permissions are permanent, if ANY SITE permission is permanent - NoScript 11.4.5

Post by barbaz »

I can confirm this.

Full STR:

1) visit therube's dslreports link

2) Set dslreports.com to CUSTOM, then select dslreports.com in the context drop-down and change some permissions.

3) Click the clock to make this permission temporary

4) Restart Firefox

Expected results: The temporary permission should be cleared. (I gather from the way things look, that only the contextual permission for dslreports should be gone, with the permanent CUSTOM for dslreports on "ANY SITE" staying?)

Actual results: The contextual permission is still there and still marked as temporary.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

This is the thing-a-gig that says "Set all on this page to Temporarily Trusted"?

And doing that does something like it sets "skimresources.com" Temporarily Allowed.
4) Restart Firefox
And on restart, skimresources.com is no longer (Temporarily) Allowed, which is what you want.

And dslreports.com is still set to Custom, as I would expect.
Never really messed with Custom (in the day), but I always assumed that Custom overrode (& retained what you had set) & against any other settings.
And to "revert" Custom, you then needed to (specifically) select some other setting, be it Default, Allowed, Temporarily Allowed or Untrusted.

(Or am I still missing something?)
Probably am.
I did notice some differences based on what & how I went about things, but the whole deal confusing me so I'm not sure now what I did see or what is expected to be seen? Like if you set a Custom permission & then also set another domains permission (like Temporarily Allowed) - in the same dialog (meaning that more then 1 domain needed to show up when you went to the Custom), vs., setting Custom & letting the page refresh (whatever) & then going (again) to the NoScript icon & setting a Temporarily Allow of that same second domain. I believe there was a difference in that respect.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.13
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

therube wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:43 pm
This is the thing-a-gig that says "Set all on this page to Temporarily Trusted"?
No, it's the thing-a-gig on the very right of the CUSTOM label that says "Temporarily allow (CUSTOM)".
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-