Backup settings directly to popular cloud services? (split from t=26486)

Bug reports and enhancement requests
kravietz81

Backup settings directly to popular cloud services? (split from t=26486)

Post by kravietz81 »

Hello.

Is there any chance that there would be possible to make a backup of settings and white/black list directly to any/few popular cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega, etc. ??

I know that I can do that by myself, but I can't remember about this and I think that most of users can't. If there will be additional button like "synchronize settings" to synchronize with defined cloud storage it would be more easy to maintain those backups.

I had to start building white list from scratch several times and this is at least annoying... :x

Think about such feature. It would make life a LOT easier.

Thanks in advance... :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0
barbaz

Re: Backup settings directly to popular cloud services? (split from t=26486)

Post by barbaz »

Split to new thread. Please re-read Forum Rules #7, don't hijack existing threads.

It seems unlikely this will be implemented. A significant fraction of the NoScript community considers those cloud services a security and privacy risk. As such, integration in NoScript would undermine the trust people have in NoScript, even if that integration does nothing unless explicitly set up.

If you need automated cloud storage support, NoScript already supports Firefox Sync for most settings including the permissions list.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
kravietz81

Re: Backup settings directly to popular cloud services? (split from t=26486)

Post by kravietz81 »

OK. It should be enough if it would work. I just set new instance of FF with sync and settings were not transferred. Should I change something in settings of FF or plugin to make it working??
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0