1 Line of Code Breaking K-Meleon Compatibility

Bug reports and enhancement requests
jk-

1 Line of Code Breaking K-Meleon Compatibility

Post by jk- »

There is a single line of code in Main.js which prevents compatibility with K-Meleon.
Line # 1944

Code: Select all

geckoVersion: ("nsIXULAppInfo" in  CI) ? CC["@mozilla.org/xre/app-info;1"].getService(CI.nsIXULAppInfo).platformVersion : "0.0",
"mozilla.org/xre/app-info" isn't available in current K-Meleon.

Commenting out this line of code or replacing it with "geckoVersion:"0.0"" allows NoScript to work in KM without any other code modifications.

-jk
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: 1 Line of Code Breaking K-Meleon Compatibility

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Thank you, it will be changed into

geckoVersion: ("@mozilla.org/xre/app-info;1" in  CC) ? CC["@mozilla.org/xre/app-info;1"].getService(CI.nsIXULAppInfo).platformVersion : "0.0",
in next dev build.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
jk-

Post by jk- »

Thanks a lot Giorgio, I'm sure all the K-Meleon users will be pleased!

-jk
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.17pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Done, please check latest development build.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
jk-

Post by jk- »

Unfortunately a new complication has arisen 2.0.9.7rc1. The new doctype definitions in the XULs aren't compatible.

old code:

<!DOCTYPE dialog [
<!ENTITY % noscript SYSTEM "chrome://noscript/locale/noscript.dtd" >
%noscript;
<!ENTITY % noscriptFB  SYSTEM "chrome://noscript/content/en-US/noscript.dtd" >
%noscriptFB;
]
>
new code that doesn't work:

<!DOCTYPE dialog SYSTEM "chrome://noscript/locale/noscript.dtd">
jk-

Post by jk- »

After further testing, there are other XUL incompatibilities in 2.0.9.7rc1. I will try to isolate the exact issues.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

jk- wrote:After further testing, there are other XUL incompatibilities in 2.0.9.7rc1. I will try to isolate the exact issues.
Please do it. If they're a reasonable subset, I could setup a packaging script making the changes on the fly to keep K-Meleon builds in sync.

BTW, does the DTD problem above mean that previous NoScript versions used to work on KM but always in English, no matter what the browser's language was?
jk-

Post by jk- »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
jk- wrote:After further testing, there are other XUL incompatibilities in 2.0.9.7rc1. I will try to isolate the exact issues.
Please do it. If they're a reasonable subset, I could setup a packaging script making the changes on the fly to keep K-Meleon builds in sync.
OK,I'll let you know.
BTW, does the DTD problem above mean that previous NoScript versions used to work on KM but always in English, no matter what the browser's language was?
This question I'll have to pose to the K-Meleon user-base as I have only tried it in English.

I should mention, your fix for the original problem with Main.js does work fine.

-jk
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

jk- wrote:Unfortunately a new complication has arisen 2.0.9.7rc1. The new doctype definitions in the XULs aren't compatible.

old code:

<!DOCTYPE dialog [
<!ENTITY % noscript SYSTEM "chrome://noscript/locale/noscript.dtd" >
%noscript;
<!ENTITY % noscriptFB  SYSTEM "chrome://noscript/content/en-US/noscript.dtd" >
%noscriptFB;
]
>
new code that doesn't work:

<!DOCTYPE dialog SYSTEM "chrome://noscript/locale/noscript.dtd">
read my latest post in this K-meleon forum thread.
the new doctype definitions problem also occurs with latest stable version of noscript which is version 2.0.9.6.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101130 Firefox/3.5.16
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

...still waiting for jk- to fix the problem for k-meleon. noscript 2.1 for firefox & seamonkey is already out now.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101130 Firefox/3.5.16