FlashGot doesn't always force use of my download manager

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
Schmye Bubbula

FlashGot doesn't always force use of my download manager

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

I have FlashGot Options > Downloads
set to Autostart downloads and Intercept all downloads.

I have FlashGot Options > FlashGot Media > Download Manager
set to DTA (Turbo) (DownThemAll).

FlashGot doesn't invoke that download manager all the time; sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't & goes to the regular Firefox downloader — I can't discern a pattern.

The DownThemAll download manager isn't among the supported list — and maybe that accounts for my problem — but I'd think that if it works sometimes at all, then there ought to be a way to fix it.

Any ideas? Anyone else able to get DownThemAll to work every time with FlashGot?
- -
Firefox 48.0.2
macOS 10.6.8
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: FlashGot doesn't always force use of my download manager

Post by Giorgio Maone »

If it's not using it for intercepted audio/video files, that's because there's a separate setting in FlashGot Options|FlashGot Media, due to the fact the built-in Firefox download manager is the most reliable.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Schmye Bubbula

Post by Schmye Bubbula »

I'm not sure I understand your answer, Giorgio — it's not just intercepted audio/video files (some do get intercepted); sometimes regular program file downloads on some websites won't get intercepted for download.

But in any event, are you saying that there's nothing I can do to force it to always use DownThemAll, and even if there were, that it wouldn't be a good idea because "the built-in Firefox download manager is the most reliable"?
- -
Firefox 48.0.2
macOS 10.6.8
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Schmye Bubbula wrote: But in any event, are you saying that there's nothing I can do to force it to always use DownThemAll, and even if there were, that it wouldn't be a good idea because "the built-in Firefox download manager is the most reliable"?
More or less, yes, FlashGot tries to fall back to the Built-in sometimes when the external is not capable enough.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0